As a writer and anthropologist I love to connect with people,
both on the page and on-the-ground.
In addition to my writing, I offer talks, workshops, and travel
consultations to individuals and groups, both prior to departure and
while they are in France and Spain.
Some of the things I've enjoyed in the recent past:
• Teaching travel writing to American college students while abroad.
• Giving slide presentations on the many sacred layers and experiences of the pilgrimage road to Santiago, the Camino.
• Meeting individuals and small groups on-the-ground at sacred sites in southern France and northern Spain.
• Discussing French and Spanish culture, history, and prehistory over local food and
wine on site and sharing the magic of being there.
• Consulting with travelers prior to departure to create unique trip itineraries off the beaten path.
I now focus exclusively on deep travel in Spain and France, especially the south of
France and the north of Spain. I also explore the interconnections between
these peoples as they have crossed back and forth over the Pyrenees since prehistory to the present.
Would you and your travel group like an on-the-ground expert to meet you in southern France
or northern Spain? Perhaps for creative writing and for taking in the local culture?
Or maybe for an evening gathering around local food, wine, history, prehistory, and
folklore while in northern Spain or southern France? Or possibly just to have a cultural
anthropologist and travel writer on board in order to maximize the richness of your travel experience?
If so, please send me an email and we can discuss the possibilities,
location, timing, and fees.